Thursday, March 18, 2010

A toxic person

Back in January I posted about having a blind date.  It was a classic blind date, we met for coffee, talked for about and hour and a half.  I wasn't wowed and he didn't fit my "do I want to kiss him criteria".  I wished him a good night and went on about my business.

In the mean time I met someone else at my favorite watering hole.

It is now the end of February -  I ran into him again.  When he asked me if we could go out again - I told him, I was interested in someone else...

A few days later I got a very hurtful email accusing me of certain things.  I wrote back sort of apologizing - I did not intent to misrepresent myself.  He immediately wrote back and I decided to ignore it.  As he was correct we would not be good for one another, and I just wanted to drop the issue completely.

Now between Friday and today, I received two more flaming emails.  I do not deserve the nastiness this almost stranger is dishing out.

A stranger should not make me cry.

I did not respond to either one.  I have taken control and blocked him thanks to privacy settings.

5 comments:

  1. Ugh. I'm so sorry this happened to you. What a loser.


    Good job not responding, no reaction sounds like the best road.

    Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa... they grow a certain breed of jerkfaces down in Mississippi.
    I'm sorry this happened and am glad to hear that you're taking the high road with this one. I'm very glad you blocked him, as he seems like not only a jerkface, but also a bit creepy with the constant emails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for not replying - that must have taken some self control - definitely the right thing to do though. He's obviously not someone you can reason with anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, I have so been in that situation before, when I was still single. Kudos to you for simply not responding and blocking him. He's not worth the time it would take to reply. Obviously someone who gets that upset after one date would not be any nicer after multiple dates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was his name Corey? Lol, Joking. He sounds like a real piece of work. I'm glad you took control of the situation and blocked him. That's the best way to take the wind out of a crazy person's sails. And he obviously had some issues.

    ReplyDelete