Sunday, March 28, 2010

books, glorious books

tbr my blogger friend from London had these questions on his blog and I'm copying them.  As I am a nerd.

Hardback or paperback?
It depends on the book type, there's nothing like the crack of the spine of a brand new hardcover, but the jacket is frivolous.

Waterstones, Borders or Amazon?
Borders for an actual book - why? I get a discount

Bookmark or dog-ear?
dog-earred books show you that books are loved

A-Z by author, or A-Z by title, or random?
Oh so random... really it's by size slightly - my taller books go ont he bottom shelf as that's the way the shelves are made

Keep, throw away, or sell?
I keep it if I like it, or pass it along to a friend - never throw away as that is a waste - I'm also the person who leaves it in a plane seat pocket or a hotel nightstand

Short story or novel?
Novel - short stories always leave me wanting more

Buy or borrow?
I buy and pass along - rarely use the library as I don't like waiting I like to browse and take home.

Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
Tidy ending - but can be happy or sad or angsty - dont make me need more in one second.

Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?
Nighttime

Favourite series?
LM Montgomery - Anne of Green Gables

Favourite children’s book?
New - new Fancy Nancy et all - I want to be her!

Favourite YA book?
The View from Saturday by E. L. Konigsburg

Favourite book no one has heard of?
Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin

Favourite books read last year?
White Oleander

Favourite book to re-read?
The Diary of Anne Frank and Little Women

Do you ever smell books?
Course - I love it.

What are you reading right now?
re-reading - Ya-Ya's in Bloom

What are you reading next?
The Help

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one to appreciate a battered book. If I ever visit Mississippi (I bet that's spelt wrong...) I'll keep an eye out for your discarded books! ;)

    ReplyDelete