Saturday, March 27, 2010

How much is too much?

I dislike my job.  That is not new news to anyone who has read this blog before.  I dislike my 'clients' more or less, we have our good moments, but most days I am disgruntled towards each one at some point.  I dislike my 'company', and well there is Lord Voldemort lording over us all.

However I do like some of my co-workers.
My team mates are some of the funniest people I have ever met and each have very distinct personalities.  And some of my down the hall neighbors are hilarious.

That one fact I know is not enough to stay at a job.  I have done my research and have found a new one.  I just have to do this one until my contract is fulfilled.

Seeing though that I have found and new one and the silver lining it sitting there and waiting for me - Do I have the right to complain about work?

To some degree I think yes.  When someone asks me "How was work?" do I lie and say peachy keen or do I give them the real goods.  I usually play the middle of the road.  Sugar coat the outlook a bit and get on with it.  As do they really want to know I count the minutes of every day in intervals of five?  I constantly say to myself - 5 more minutes - I can do five more minutes.  I think the other K teacher does hers in one minute intervals.  Some days it is nice to know I'm not alone in personal torture chamber.  And no I don't want to hear the old cliche - What doesn't kill only makes us stronger - well I'm worn out and sick and tired.

------------------------


In other news...

Here are my Friday fill-ins a lil late. Thanks to Lauren @ the little things we do...

1. The best piece of advice I was ever given was  sometimes you et the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.
2. If I had a million dollars to give to one charity I would give it to American Cancer Society.
3. If I got to choose my "last meal" it would be grilled cheese, dill pickles, tomato soup, and vanilla ice cream with lots of sprinkles
4. My hair is one of a kind curly mass of dark brownness - no one could attempt to use my id.
5. If at first you don't succeed decide if it is worth trying again.
6. I have always been very observant, I can probably tell you what the photos on your desk were, or if your polish is chipped.
7. Oh....and by the way....I didn't get to meet the sister, but it was the other sister - and we did have date #2 today.

3 comments:

  1. I think you can still get away with complaining, even though you've found a new job. If anything, knowing you have something better coming up makes it even harder to motivate yourself to deal with all the crap in the job you're about to leave...how long have you got left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I had some typo's so much for trying to get it out on the fly...

    And to answer the how long do I have question - until June 3rd. 49 work days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you! I have until May 15th to leave my job and every time I have to get up and go to work, a part of me says "You should just quit NOW!!!" And I have to stifle that voice for the rest of my day. So yes, you're allowed to complain...but try to find joy in the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete