Sunday, January 24, 2010

Marshmallows

I bite my tongue at the subject of my brother right now as I know it is always a case of if you cannot say anything nice, do not say anything at all.  And if I type it out and put it for all the world to see, it is something that cannot be taken back.

Thursday was one of those mediocre days that you know existed, but you remember nothing specific.  I do know that everything I did worked at an hour behind its normal completion time which quite abnormal for moi.  Friday was a different story it was one of those days where everything I did was timed perfectly.  I got everything I could imagined accomplished with to much of a stress.  Even schoolwork wise my class got it all done, which is usually a rarity.  Best news was that on the reading test - everyone passed.  Lowest score was a 72.  Epic accomplishment in my life.

Thursday night was the opportunity I took to confess my match secret to core friends.  Ones who I knew would not judge or ask for an explanation.  Which leads us into the blind date.

I think for a blind date it went extremely well.  He was very very normal.  Not the coolest, but not social reject.  Besides he was nervous, very very nervous - more outwardly nervous than I can ever remember being.  In the car I gave my self pep talk and took as smooth as possible.  Now on the point of a real date:  Am I interested in finding out more about him, nope.  Did I find myself attracted to him, not in the least (no pull at all for even the simplest kiss).  Did he give me any hints that he was interested, not at all.  Do I think I'll go out with him again, if I do it'd be a shock.  But I did it - I had a date.  

On the flip side the boy with the smile that made me melt like an 11 year old with her new issue of Teen Bop with a Jonas Brothers expose has fallen silent.  Perhaps it is for the best, as he might have been too pretty a match for me.

Afterwards I went out with the BFF and another female friend and enjoyed the girl talk.  Later as the boys all peeled off from their newspaper jobs, I danced with a sexy example of a man.  If given the opportunity to express this thought at another time, I will.

On a more important  personal note.  I've gotten an eye infection, surely somehow relates to my K's.  No contacts all week and eye drops every six hours - grumbles about the glasses.

Now looking forward to Monday.  It is yet another four day week for me as My mom is set for some surgery on Tuesday.  Which needs to be included with a mention that my grandmother is here for two weeks.  It shall be an interesting time.

To all my blogger friends, positive thoughts for a new week.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, blind dates are scary...you're brave! :)

    My roommate is a teacher, what grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete